The world first heard the instantly recognizable sounds of the Mellotron on hits from the Moody Blues (“Nights in White Satin”) and the Beatles (“Strawberry Fields Forever”) in the 1960s. In 2010, Mellotron reintroduced the iconic tape-based machine in a compact digital version, the Mellotron M4000D, that retains the authentic sound, look and feel of the original keyboard while adding some significant improvements.
The M4000D has been used onstage and in the studio by artists, musicians and producers including Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Wilco, Incubus, Queens of the Stone Age, Eels, Jackson Browne, Bruno Mars, Band of Horses, Fleet Foxes, Sean Lennon, Brendan Benson, Air, Kooks, Train, Elbow, Michael Beinhorn, Bob Rock, Raphael Saadiq, Noel Gallagher and Gotye.
Please contact Mr. Resch for sales on Mellotrons (email@example.com)
- Mellotron style wooden keyboard with depth sensitivity and polyphonic aftertouch via MIDI out.
- 100 original Mellotron and Chamberlin lead sounds included, with IMMEDIATE access.
- The sounds are taken from the original first-generation tape library giving the same sound quality as the original Mellotrons made in the 60s and 70s. It has our very advanced and in-house developed streaming technology for uncompressed 24 bit audio reproduction.
- The software and audio engine has taken 3 years to develop, but our concept of the digital Mellotron has been in development since the mid 90s. We bought parts of the original inventory from a company called 'Mellotron Digital'.
- Furniture quality cabinet with hinged lid.
- Expansion slot gives you 100 extra sounds on special compact flash cards, all from the original archives.
- Two high-quality TFT displays and a backlit laser cut front panel.
- Three gold plated balanced XLR outputs, all other connectors are gold plated for maximum reliablilty.
- Dimensions: 34 in (W) x 19.5 in (D) x 5.25 in (H); weight: 38.5 pounds